Friday, March 9, 2012

My Classroom Rules

In my Education and Training Class, we recently watched the movie, "The Ron Clark Story." This was a very inspiring, true story of a man who faced a challenging class in an inner-city school. His patience was tested, but he overcame these challenges and serves as a role model for all educators.



Ron Clark's #1 Classroom Rule was "We are a Family." I think he placed so much importance on this rule because all the following rules were rooted in this. If you saw the classroom as a family, then you would respect others, and follow all other rules because you knew they would be for the good of the family.



I was inspired by Ron Clark's story to create my own list of rules for my Education and Training class:

1. We are a family.
2. Work first, then play.
3. Listen and focus when the teacher is talking, so we can get down to business faster.
4. Enjoy (or pretend like you enjoy) others' company.
5. Give one hundred percent of yourselves all the time.
6. Respect others.
7. Smile often! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment