Monday, November 7, 2011

If I Could Change Education, I Would...

If I could change education I would make it less "factory-like" and more specialized to each student and his or her learning style. Since each student has different multiple intelligences, it is destructive to assume that each student should conform to one way of learning. I would also hold each teacher accountable for preparing their students for the next grade level. If students are adequately prepared for consecutive years, then they will continue to be challenged and not fall behind. Also, I would make teachers have higher expectations of their students. If students never have a teacher that expects them to do work outside of school, then they will never form a good work ethic and prosper.

A really informative movie that discusses the problems in education, and offers solutions is Waiting for Superman.

This blog was inspired by this video

No comments:

Post a Comment