Friday, April 20, 2012

Smart Technology

I am currently interning in a first grade class and technology is very beneficial to incorporate into lesson plans. All the new advances in technology such as smart boards, slates, and iPads have drastically changed the course of teaching.

I could implement iPads into my classroom so my first graders could use eduational apps for their enrichment. Here is a link to the Education page of apps that iTunes offers. Two free apps that I have found are Animal Fun and Kids Math Fun-Kindergarden. Animal Fun shows pictures and makes sounds of animals, as well as tells some fun facts about them. My first graders have been learning about turtles and frogs so this could be helpful. Math Fun-Kindergarden is an app that allows the students to practice their math facts in a fun way.

I could also use a Smartboard in my classroom to teach a lesson. This website has really helpful already created lesson plans and activities that you can use on a smart board for your first grade class. I found one lesson in particular that I could use in my classroom to help me teach fractions. Here is a link to the file that you can download online.

No comments:

Post a Comment