Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Three More Monday's

It is crazy to think that my senior year has flown by so fast. It seems like it was yesterday that we all came to school in the heat of August, and I began to learn more about becoming a teacher. Then the second six weeks rolled around and I began to intern in Mrs. Barnhill's first grade class at North Ridge Elementary. I'm so sad that I only have one more week left with them.

When I first walked into my class I was so nervous. I didn't know what to expect from my students or my mentor teacher. However, now that I have spent nearly an entire school year with them I don't want to leave. Mrs. Barnhill has been so good to me and taught me so much about how to be a good teacher. My kids were all so sweet and I have loved getting to teach them and watch them grow.

After my experiences this year, I am definitely more enthused to become a teacher. I can't wait to graduate from college in four years and be able to have my own classroom and students to teach. I want to impact students' lives and I will. It is sad for me to have to leave my class at North Ridge Elementary, however I hope to be back again here, or some other school in BISD, one day in my future. This thought helps me have closure because I know that it is not a "goodbye", but "I'll see you soon."

No comments:

Post a Comment